Ananda Marga Dallas Region raises awareness and gathers support for charitable projects through yoga classes, weekly collective meditation, events, campaigns, social services and drives in the local Dallas community.
Yoga Meditation Classes
We have been conducting free weekly Yoga Meditation classes for school students, administrative staff and faculty for the past several years in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area. These classes are open for general public and have been well-received and appreciated by the participants. The classes are conducted at following locations
- Richland College
- Brookhaven College
- University of North Texas (UNT)
- University of Texas-Dallas (UTD)
- University of Texas-Arlington (UTA)
- Eastfield College
- Northlake College
In addition to this, we offer free one-to-one and small-group counseling sessions at our Yoga-Meditation Center in Richardson, Texas by appointments. Many people with stress, depression and other health problems; physical,mental and psychic; are helped in such sessions.
Social Service Events and Projects
Volunteers from our Richardson, Texas center take training from relief organizations like the American Red Cross and respond to natural catastrophes to render help. We render temporary and permanent relief during and after such calamities. For example during the Hurricane Katrina crisis, our volunteers have worked with the Red Cross at the Dallas Convention Center to aid the refugees there. Recently we have served during Hurricane Alex floods near Monterrey, Mexico, where about 300 families received packages of food, clothing and other basic items in a poor area devastated by the flood waters. Volunteers also go to help and counsel persons in need of such services in hospitals or at home.
Ananda Marga is a global social service organization founded in 1955 by Shrii Shrii Anandamurti (Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar). The mission of Ananda Marga is self-realization (individual emancipation) and service to humanity (collective welfare): the fulfillment of the physical, mental and spiritual needs of all people.
Few of the prominent departments of the organization are
- Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is an international charitable organization for emergency relief and sustainable development cooperation.
- Renaissance Universal (RU) is a network of people who believe that we must make an effort to improve society and the world, for ourselves and for coming generations. This involves a renaissance based on neo-humanistic values.
- Renaissance Artists and Writers Association, (RAWA) was founded by Prabhat Rainjan Sarkar in India in 1958 in order to restore art to its true role as an instrument for social and spiritual awakening.
- Ánanda Márga Gurukula – Neohumanist Education
- P.C.A.P. – Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Plants